Near the end of my shift at Wal-mart on the 30th Nick texted me letting me know that they were going to come! I was very excited. So on the morning of the 31st we got our house ready for guests, and then we went grocery shopping together.
Ross & Clare arrived around 5ish with their 10 week old puppy Winston:
He's sooo cute!
Ross & Clare arrived around 5ish with their 10 week old puppy Winston as I was preparing cinnimon buns for breakfast the next morning....
I flipped over into getting dinner ready: fondu! Fondu is a tradition that my family has enjoyed on New Years Eve. I cut up meat, displayed the vegetables and made yummy cheese sauce.
The four of us fellowshiped together in the kitchen, talking and cooking and eating. It was great.
Nick made us fancy looking drinks with the new red sugar on the rims that Ross & Clare got us for Christmas.
I flipped over into getting dinner ready: fondu! Fondu is a tradition that my family has enjoyed on New Years Eve. I cut up meat, displayed the vegetables and made yummy cheese sauce.
The four of us fellowshiped together in the kitchen, talking and cooking and eating. It was great.
Nick made us fancy looking drinks with the new red sugar on the rims that Ross & Clare got us for Christmas.
We played Apples to Apples. It was a blast! Nick won the first round, I won the next 2. I forgot we even had the game. We asked Ross & Clare to bring it if they had it and they didn't.. but then I was looking at our pile of games and it turns out we have it. The boys watched some basketball and Ross at one point fell asleep so Clare and I watched Say Yes to the Dress. Then about 11:45 we changed the channel to Dick Clarks New Years Rockin' Eve. Nick didn't know that Dick had had a stroke. We kissed our spouses at midnight, texted our friends. We were in bed by 12:45.
I had to work the next morning but I had the cinnimon buns ready to put in the oven when the rest woke up in the morning.
I worked 10-6pm... sucked and was very slow but I made a lot of money since it was a holiday. I got a call from Melissa saying that she was engaged! I arrived home and brought strawberries for our chocolate fondu - that was yummy and fun. The boys watched football, ate steaks and I was making food most of the night. I made potato wedges, Nick made salad for us. I cut up the strawberries, Clare made the chocolate. Clare and I talked a lot in the kitchen... then we joined the boys in the living room for a new episode of Scrubs. We stayed up way later than the night before watching TV and talking.... and then they left this morning.
I worked 10-6pm... sucked and was very slow but I made a lot of money since it was a holiday. I got a call from Melissa saying that she was engaged! I arrived home and brought strawberries for our chocolate fondu - that was yummy and fun. The boys watched football, ate steaks and I was making food most of the night. I made potato wedges, Nick made salad for us. I cut up the strawberries, Clare made the chocolate. Clare and I talked a lot in the kitchen... then we joined the boys in the living room for a new episode of Scrubs. We stayed up way later than the night before watching TV and talking.... and then they left this morning.
Nick and I were soo sick of cooking that for lunch today we went to Burger King for lunch. We actually sat in the diner instead of driving through. Now we're having a lazy day - I put away our Christmas decorations and layed around all day - but it was overall a great weekend.




I love the idea of a fondue tradition! I might steal it!
ReplyDeleteThanks - It's a great transition!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful way to start the new year! I made it until 9:30 that night :)...oh how things change :). Enjoy it while you can!
ReplyDelete