Tuesday, January 19, 2010

www.myRingIsSparkling.com

Tuesday. I mean Today... we finally got up the energy/determination/will power/etc. to go to a laundry mat - the first time in our 241 days of marriage. Not saying that we haven't done laundry in that many days, we've just found other creative ways to get it done.... ie. taking it home to our parents, taking it with us to Nich & Jennies, taking it to SAU to visit friends, visiting friends houses etc. But we had run out of those options, and had 3 weeks worth of laundry overflowing out of our tiny little closet.... so to Brooklyn we went. It takes about 8 minutes to get there, so we went right after I got off work at 1. We decided we would put in the first load and then go for lunch at one of the many fast food restaurants that the little town has to offer. Burger King fed us, and $20 worth of quarters went out the door... or rather into 12 different machines that tossed and turned our clothes mixed with water and soap and hot airs! 2 Hours later we had our laundry all folded (which we did TOGETHER) and were on our way home to put away our 3 overflowing baskets of clean clothes, towels and bedding! Ahh.....the feel of all clean things!This is NOT us - but I wish it was! It is such a cute picture taken by a brother of a friend!

While putting away the laundry Nick finally got around to following through on the T-shirt intervention I had planned for him. He got rid of half a garbage bag of clothes (which isn't that much compared to what he has, but it's a good start) and collected a pile of "CLAIM IT if it's YOURS" pile. Dinner came late because Nick is trying to stay up until 4am to get ready for his 1st midnight shift tomorrow night.... I decided to wear a dress, since it has been so many months since the weather is soo cold! I wore the dress that I wore in Mandy's wedding! and we danced. to only 2 songs. but still we danced.

Nick wasn't at the wedding so here is a picture of Melissa and I before the wedding!

It has been a good day, relaxing and I'm soo glad I still have tomorrow afternoon off because it feels like after that my schedule is full of Wal-mart work until I find a new job so I can quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment