Friday, January 29, 2010

www.OurStory.com

It's part of our story, it's unusual, but I like unusual.

Today, January 29th, 2010 is our first, first anniverary! To us our wedding was in May but for immigration purposes we got married today, a year ago on a Thursday night - at a professors house we got officially, legally married! That's pretty important, soo how do we not celebrate something like that?

We've basically decided that this anniversary gives us a great excuse to have a really good date night every year.... later when we have kids - the 29th will be our night! A time away from kids etc. This year, I switched shifts so I could have the evening free - or else I would have seen my husband for 30 mins... thats not cool!

I got off work at 6pm and did a quick change of outfit and met my Nick at the Outback Steakhouse! Outback Steakhouse is part of our story - or else I'm not sure we would have waited the hour it took to get a table, but that is where Nick took me on our first date!! That is where we went out to with all our best friends after we got married! Therefore it's part of our story. MMmmm I love pumpernickel bread, warm and covered in butter! Nick loves the bloomin' onion so we had those! Then I ordered the Alice Chicken Quesadilla's and the Aussie Cheesy fries! Both were delicious and cheaper than buying the the Alice Chicken meal. Nick got the famous steak - but here's the shocker: (make sure you're sitting down to read this mom!) he got to pic 2 sides and he picked fries and green beans - ok now the green beans are a shocker - but here's the really huge shocker - he said his favourite part of the whole meal, including the onion was the green beans!!

After dinner we had a little time before he had to go to work -so we watched Gilmore Girls! The best part is we're a day behind so we still have one to watch tomorrow or Sunday although I'm not entirely sure when we'll have time (at the very least 12pm Sunday night we'll be able to watch it).

So that's part of our story. I love our story!

**On a different note, my brother visited last night. He arrived home from Germany on Monday, slept all night and attempted to get back on schedule for life... he was barely home 3 days when he drove to SAU on Thursday. Thursday night he and Sarah came to my house - they hung out with Nick for a while until I got home from work, I bought a 2 liter of coke-a-cola for them. I looked at pictures from his trip and he gave me a gift from Germany - its a shirt that says Berlin on it - with a Puma - but not - it had a cow - which is funny because I bought him a Swiss fake Puma hat. I will try to post a pictures soon! (I'm kindof bummed he didn't get Nick anything but I know he had like zero money...)

Secondly, I have to mention this - Nick and I had the most amazing ice cream the other night. It was french vanilla ice cream, with hot fudge, the brownies that Jennie gave us when we were there last time, and whipped cream with a cherry on top! It was better than anything we could have bought it a store! Sooo delicious - I didn't even take a picture - it was that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment