This weekend was interesting, I didn’t work Saturday or Sunday, but Nick’s schedule was messed up. Due to working Midnights for three nights in a row and the fact that his relief didn’t show up Saturday morning until an hour and a half after he was supposed to, (because he found other locations with flowing liquids a more enjoyable place to be) Nick ended up sleeping from 9:30am to 5:30pm. So most of the day was gone! I had tried really hard to stay up late on Friday night so that I could be somewhat on his sleep schedule for the weekend. I stayed up until 5:30am! I worked on a couple little projects (updating address book, apartment shopping), talked to my cousin Mikyla on MSN, texted Nick all night long, and watched Les Miserables (I started watching it at 2:37am)! I managed to sleep til 1pm, and now as I yawn as I type this I should have slept longer, but I enjoyed my “morning chats”. I sat on the bed upstairs and talked to my mom for a while, then my dad in 2 separate calls.
We had breakfast together at 5:30pm (12 hours after Mel & Kevin eat breakfast), and then lunch/dinner at about 10pm… this sure is weird. However dinner was great! I made Panini’s with really fancy bread – almost like a pita…. They were delicious! I was really wanting to make mine into a Tuna melt, but when I went to make it, we didn’t have any tuna and I was sooo disappointed because I had fancy cheese, fancy bread and no tuna. Bummer. But the turkey sandwich was still really good.
So I went to bed around 2ish or something and he stayed up late again! I am really bummed about this because it is going to mess up our going to church-ness… I could go by myself, but I don’t like the idea of driving 20mins there and back to sit in a chair by myself…(I don’t know how much longer the Pollaks are going to be able to come to church for a while). So Sunday, we woke up around noon to have some time together before he went to work at 2(3)-(11)12. Sitting home alone for a whole day, is something I haven’t done in a while, but I don’t just sit well alone. Therefore clean our house, I did. It desperately needed a deep clean. I cleaned the stair case with the broom and a wet cloth! I swept every corner of the living room and of course when you clean that good you have to re-arrange! This was the first time I’ve re-arranged the living room since we moved in – 8 months ago! I also worked my butt off cooking yesterday. I made a cauliflower soup from scratch, and I made Meatloaf and Scalloped Potatoes, for the purpose of meals to take to work during the week. It all turned out pretty good!
Nick got home from work at Midnight, and was surprised to see the living room re-arranged. He was in it for a while before he realized that I had even moved both the couches! We’ve discussed what some of our future plans might be and have a few possibilities… I’m excited for what the future might bring. I am thankful to God for providing Nick with a job even if I hate the hours! So now I begin a week that I can’t wait to be over… Friday night here I come!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




yay for you! I'm proud. Of the cleaning. and the rearranging. and the cooking. and the making the best of the it. and the future plans. and of our talks this weekend.
ReplyDelete