Thursday, January 7, 2010

www.unemployedNoMore.com

Monday Nick got a call for an interview. It wasn't from Starr like we were expecting. It was from a Security company called Wackenhut. They hire security officers, train them and then send them to large companies.

The Wackenhut Corporation is the leading provider of quality, customer focused security solutions in the United States. The company provides its industry-leading integrated security and related services to local, regional and national customers. Wackenhut’s primary service divisions include Security Services, Nuclear Security and Energy Consulting Services, Government Services, Automated and Integrated Security Management Systems; and Consulting and Investigations.Wackenhut employs over 35,000 men and women in the United States. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds in private security, the military and law enforcement. Some of our employees had no security background, but thanks to extensive training and mentoring programs, they are now top-notch providers of security services.

Yesterday Nick drove to Livonia for an interview. Apparently just because of his resume -as long has he didn't have 7 heads, he was going to get the job! Since he doesn't have 7 heads, he spent the entire day there filling out paperwork (his favourite...) and watching training videos. He had to do a drug test and then he returns Monday and Tuesday for more training.

He has been told he will be working for CitiBank in Ann Arbor... I've looked it up to try and figure out where and which one but I have no clue... we'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep you updated.

Soo now we will have 2 incomes again which couldn't be better timing due to school loans and high Consumers Bills - even after we blocked off doors and vents in rooms we aren't using and blocked windows that are seeping cold in.. the bill is even higher than last months... I don't get it! I don't like heating a whole house!!!!

In good news - he is excited about the job so that is awesome!! I'm proud of him - his first interview since his unemployment and he got the job!!! I love him.

3 comments:

  1. YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

    how high are you bills getting?
    I know ours almost crippled us last year. They're still much higher now than in warmer months, but less than 12 months ago, so I am thankful for that. Paying bills sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay congrats and i know about the heat..but i cant go with being COLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Ang - I hate being cold!! Mel- Our bill this month is a tiny bit over $300.00

    ReplyDelete