Thursday night Nick and I had nothing planned, but I ended up feeling sick and slept for 2 hours and 45 minutes when I got home from work.
Friday night, we again had nothing we had to do, and like I said: we finally had the money to go get a gym membership and nothing else stopping us. I have been looking all over for a place that would offer me just a swimming membership, but alas I came up with nothing. For convenience sake 24 hour fitness is the closest possible place we could work out at.
With a Cost-Co Membership, we can get buy a 2 -year Gym Membership for what works out to be $14 a month. That's pretty good, but you have to pay it all up front, and we're basically committing to 2 years of fitness.
We don't quite have 2 years left here in Colorado!!! but I think it's still worth it.
So Friday night, I printed out our 1 week free trial, and we picked up Tyler (who already has their membership) and headed over to 24 Hour Fitness.
Unlike Melanie who isn't a Fish despite her former last name, I am. I always have been a fish, when it comes to swimming.
As far as working out, my body sucks. Ask my chiropractor. I have the body of an 80 year old. Doing most physical activity hurts me in bad ways. I do plan to take advantage of some of the other machines in this place, and maybe eventually a class or two but their 2-lane Olympic sized swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room are where my $14/month are going to go. (see pictures 11 & 12 here).
So how am I doing so far.
Friday (my first day swimming laps since 2 summers ago in a small backyard pool) - 50 laps in about 40 minutes. There was a dude swimming beside me who was swimming for work (he's in the air-force) and he was just starting to swim, but I still kicked his butt! He got out and said he wasn't doing anymore because I was out-swimming him. (go me!)
Saturday - we were there at 9am! I walked uphill on a treadmill for 10 mins as a warm-up and watched Saturday Morning Cartoon's on my own personal TV, then swam 25 laps. On purpose. I didn't want to over-do it. We left there on Saturday, and went to the church to see if we needed stuff for the coffee bar (we didn't), then went to Sam's to pick up Nick's new trial contacts (he's not loving them yet - gave him a headache yesterday), and then we went to Sports Authority to buy me some goggles. That was a nightmare. I found a pair I liked that were $11.99. Got up to the counter and they rang up at 17.99. Then I went back and got another pair marked $10.99. They also rang up at $17.99. So the cashier came back with us and I picked out another pair - that were hanging on a spot marked $17.99 of course that rang up at $11.99. I HOPE someone went back there afterwards and re-organized them. You'd think they should have given me the first pair for $11.99 after all that.
Sunday - A blizzard hit town, so we decided it was a good "rest day". We did play in the snow and walk through snow up to our knees so we still got a good workout.
Monday - We went after work/class. He got there at 4:10, I got there at 4:40. I swam 50 laps again, even though I planned on only doing 35 and since he was done already, he watched the last 10 laps. This time a woman joined me in a red swim suit (hello lifeguard?). She had a cap and goggles and a foam thing she put between her thighs. She was going faster than me, just using her arms. Yikes! I have a ways to go....my goggles worked amazingly well though and I may soon buy myself one of those goofy looking caps to protect my precious hair!
Today is Tuesday, I have all my stuff ready to go on my way home from work again today, and our free pass expires Thursday. We plan on buying the Cost-Co 24hr fitness membership (with my church cost-co membership) Thursday when I go buy stuff for the coffee bar for this week. (Post.Script. I swam 25 laps in 15 minutes!)
When I reach my fitness goals, THIS is my reward.
P.S. if you want to read some awesome things God is doing through my other best friend, click here and start following her posts!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago





that is awesome, Britt & Nick! I am happy for you and impressed with how you jumped back into it so quickly. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete