Wednesday, February 20, 2013

www.LessonsFromFiction.com

The other day I got a book to read and I thought to myself it would be fun to read it together with my mom. So I sent her to the library at church telling her to rent the same book as me. I don't know why I thought that, but I thought it would be fun to discuss it together. I even know that my mom isn't a good reader. I don't mean she can't read, I mean she starts on page 1 and finishes the book without getting up to warm up her tea, or take a potty break. So, we aren't actually reading it together because she is already done reading it.

However, we talked about it a bit today, while I am reading it on my lunch hour. I can also read a book in 1 sitting, but if I did that I would run out of things to do on my lunch hours so I'm trying sooo hard to only read it then. 

Anyways, in all fiction books, well in all stories - there is an antagonist and in fiction stories it's usually a situation/misunderstanding, not a person. And in fiction stories you are usually lucky enough to read everyone's perspective on the situation, and you find yourself yelling at everyone involved because You, the reader, know ALL sides.

We were talking about how in real life, if people would step back from every awkward situation and listened to everyone's perspectives (ALL sides) more often, there would be less misunderstandings!! The world would be a better place on a large scale, and in our own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment