Nick set out on a 5 hour journey to Pagosa Springs with the Youth Group for 4 days.
That left me at home. alone. I don't like being alone. I am built for community.
So I tried earnestly to enlist as many women from the choir as I could to join me at Idaho Springs.
If he was going to hot springs AGAIN (1st time was in Costa Rica - lucky duck), I could go for the first time right?
Once I got planning it, I decided if all the women backed out, I would go by myself anyways.
We ended up with 4 adults and 3 kids. I was fine with that. They were 3 women I adore and loved getting to know better: Shelley Bland and her 2 girls, Rebecca DeJonge, Nicole Morrison and her daughter (video posting next week).
Nicole and I paid extra to enjoy Club Mud as they called it. A room with a large bowl full of mineral water mud that you slathered all over yourself and then laid out on lounge chairs until you're dry and cracking and itchy.
The pool was warm and wonderful and I brought treats to enjoy mid-swim.
The only complaint is that it was the weekend after Valentines Day so it was packed!!!!
We went to Beau Jo's afterwards and enjoyed their delicious pizza! If you've never thought of it before, put honey on your pizza crust! Delicious!!! Halfway thought dinner I realized I had mud in my ear still and my filter didn't stop it before it was out of my mouth and slightly awkward at the meal table. Hahaha!
I rode there and back with Nicole and it was just so wonderful to spend extra time with her. I've watch her relationship with her daughter in choir over the last year, and they are just so stinking precious. Also, you've seen me holding her son many times in past posts..that cute little baby... (at the bottom of this post).
It was a wonderful time with choir ladies that hopefully we'll do again with more notice given to them!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago






Good for you, Britt! Sounds fun! I don't like being home alone either.
ReplyDelete