Did I tell you I've been asked to host the new Seminary Student's Wives group?
Last week the start of a new Semester began; Nick's 3rd full semester to be exact. Also last week a whole new albeit "smaller" class of Seminary Students began. There are 7 new wives and I'm in charge of getting a new group going, as well as leading the group through the next year! Eeek!?!
I feel way under qualified. I met 2 of
them last night and although they both seemed around my age, one had 4
kids; her oldest being 11, her youngest being 2. The other had 2 kids; a new baby and a 2 year old.
Out of the other 5 women, I know one of them has 5 kids, 2 are pregnant
and 1 doesn't have any kids but is significantly older (I think) and I
don't know anything about. Talk about scary though, what do I know?
They're further along in life and I'm going to be leading them??????
I am looking forward to lots of things about hosting this group though. I'm excited to go through the book High Call, High Privilege again. It's a great book! I'm scared about leading the discussions, but with Laura, she used to just have 2 or 3 questions, and then asked if anything stood out to us and then we usually took over the conversation and natural thoughts and questions arose. I hope that happens with my group. I'm scared that a lot of these girls live off campus, so it's going to be harder to get them all together. In my group a few were on campus and a few were off, but we were all close. These girls are from all over the Denver Metro Area.... It sounds like a at least 2 of them already lived here and their husbands have decided to go to a seminary close by, where in my case, we had all just moved here, and most were fairly newly married...anywhere from 1 month to 3 years....
Eeek. I know this will be good for me, especially as a future pastor's wife so that I'll have good experience as well as not be as nervous the first time I lead either a group of teen's or a group of women.
Anything you are scared to do?
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment