Friday night, the Student Council/Student Development staff put on a Coffee House for the Students. Nick had to be there, because he's on Student Council! (Did I mention he's transitioning into VP of Student Council next month for the following year?) He had to be there early, so I hitched a ride over with Tyler, so that I could ride home with Nick instead of driving home in separate cars! I hate when we have to do that! It was fun, and I loved hanging out with Stephanie and Brandon, acquaintances that I enjoyed to get to know better! (she's newly pregnant with their 1st, highly involved in PiM3, and Nick plays sports with him!)
After the coffee house, I also worked on and filed our taxes! Woot! So glad I got that out of the way so quickly! Now I can just wait for our refund to come in, which will provide us with a bit of a cushion, as well as money to get Nick new contacts and hopefully to get us both Gym Memberships! Nick has sold a lot of magic cards, in which the money was intended for the gym membership, but in turn went to making up for lost days of work between the holidays and the funeral week!
Saturday:
Since Nick had finished his 15 page Theology II Final paper in less than 24 hours, and handed it in 12 hours early, we got to enjoy the weekend. I planned to celebrate our official 4 years of legal marriage by seeing Les Miserables again! I really needed to see it at least 1 more time before it went out of theatres. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it again if the opportunity arose! Then we used Applebee's Giftcards that Steph and Randy gave us and went out to dinner! I got a parmasean roasted Chicken, with mushrooms and rice. Then since Nick still has Christmas money burning a whole in his pocket we went and wondered around Best Buy, and didn't find anything there, and we decided to check out Tradesmart. It's a store that sells used and new books, dvd's, cd's and all kinds of other treasures! I got a really cool book for $3.99 that is called "Denver, Then and Now". It has pictures of landmarks from the early 1900's and then what it looks like now! Really cool! I also found a Michael Ball CD for 49.5 cents (2 for $0.99)! It was a great date night! Started at 3:05 and we got home around 10pm! Crazy good times!
Sunday:
We went to church, I had to stay to the very end to clean up the coffee bar and I was the only one there after the service who knew how to make the drinks so that was scary. Before the service, one of the sweet ladies that makes the 1st batch of coffee bright and early in the morning, proposed an idea for something to do for the coffee bar after the service I went right to the dollar store to make it happen. I bought a bunch of frames, all black - all different looking. I went to Office Depot to get colour ink and new coloured paper. I printed LOVE verses on red paper and put them in the frames. We have an empty table and I'm going to set them up all over it, with Valentines Day Balloons for next week..... then I'll switch out the verse regularly so they're always new and different! Even people love it, I may even start asking the pastor for verses to go with the sermons. I'm always going to leave the biggest one as John 6:35. It's going to be my Coffee Bar's Verse.
Then we did laundry, ate, watched Grey's Anatomy, I worked on the Frames, Nick took a nap. Then at 4:00 we were at the church to go to the Gregory's house to watch the Super Bowl with all the youth.
![]() |
| That's a lot of kids in one house! |
![]() |
| Personalized stamps after paying for food at Super Bowl Party: I got a Unicorn, Nick got a Quadricorn |
2. The Gregory's house is BEAUTIFUL. We'd been there once before for a youth leaders dinner. Remember when we were asking around if there were any people from the church who had a basement apartment... Ryan said there was one, but we were told someone was living there right now, so we signed out lease. Then the next day we were told the person was moving out in March so we could have signed the 2 month lease. Turns out, of course it was their basement and they don't charge. They just ask for a couple hundred to help towards the utilities. AHHHHHH I wanted to scream. I'm still keeping my eyes open. Mr. Gregory had asked me if we would be that couple who was in Seminary and looking for a place to live, and right then and their my heart dropped!! There house is magazine worthy and she said the kitchen in the basement apartment is even nicer than the upstairs one which is SOOO hard to believe. We would even have had our own pool table. The only thing that makes this easier is that they're considering selling their house, as soon as the house in the mountains they wants gets through it's legal problems. So even if we moved in, we might have to move out sooner than we want. All their kids are off in College now and the house is like 6 bedrooms, 5 baths. Too much for 2 people. The sweetest, nicest people. He is the Youth Group Bus Driver.
![]() |
| Timber J. Gregory and I under the Kitchen Table |
![]() |
| Timber J. Gregory is ready for the Super Bowl! |
![]() |
| Timber is a MASSIVE Huskey dog! |
Dear Christian Teenage Girls:Please, Please, Please hold out for a gem of boy to date! Don't rush into things because everyone else has a boyfriend, or he's paying attention to you, or he's cute! Wait for a boy who is willing to pursue you, to get to know you, who realized what a gem you are! Don't rush into kisses because they are treasure. Every kiss you give away, is one you're stealing from or possibly giving to your future husband!
Nick first kissed me after we'd been dating 4 months. I was almost 21 years old, he was my first kiss and because he is the only one I've kissed it is SOOO special! I don't have anyone to compare kissing to.I remember when he kissed me, how I FLOATED up the stairs to my dorm room and how I literally felt High! That's the way it's supposed to fee! You don't ever want to feel taken advantage of. I'm not saying wait until you're in College, but that wait until a boy who is going to date you, and treat you like you're a the gift he's been waiting for all his life and gets to know you before he gives her a kiss that will send you soaring through the roof because you know he's someone you want to remember the rest of your life. A Kiss is THAT special of a gift!
AHH I just want to hold this girl and protect her from scumbag boys.















No comments:
Post a Comment