Tuesday, February 12, 2013

www.VdayCakeThe3rd.com



I introduced my Valentines Day Tradition in this post, so if you didn't read that yet go back and read it. 

Here is this years tradition fulfilled with the previous 2 years. 



I am severely disappointed this year in my cake. I don't know what happened! I made 2 cakes even. The first one was an even bigger flop than the 2nd one.

The 1st Cake I tried to put in an Oval casserole dish, hoping to cut it diagonally and turning it into a heart. It didn't work. I think the dish was too small and it just didn't cook in the middle.

Then there was the icing issue. I kind of ran out of Icing Sugar. But By golly is it delicious! Mint flavoured green icing with flecks of chocolate in it!

Nick went to the store to get me more icing sugar and came home with regular sugar. Thanks for Trying!!!

Even though it's totally lopsided, falling apart and not fully frosted, it's still tasty and that's really what matters.

I also have gotten adventurous and started making Spring Rolls! the 2 square ones are full of valveeta cheese! Yum! Dipped those in Chili.

The other ones are full of Spanish Rice. We had already ate 2 other cheese ones, and probably 5 rice spring rolls when I took this picture of the leftovers.

1 comment: