A week from yesterday is Valentines Day.
I'm not one to celebrate Valentines Day. It's a hallmark holiday, that is too hyped up and has too much pressure supporting it.
We don't make reservations to go out to dinner. We don't buy each other anything. Flowers are WAY too expensive for 1 day. I'd appreciate flowers on any other day of the year!
However there is one tradition I started 2 years ago, that doesn't require fighting crowds or paying double for something just because it's Valentines day.
I go all out making a cake!!! I love Cake! Last Year's Vday cake was sooo good, I made it again. Here is the recipe for last year's cake introduced to me by Adorkable Recipe's. Last year's cake was a promise engulfment to my husband! We got a cake platter as a wedding gift with a picture of a cake on it - seen in bottom left. I wrote on the box the day we received it that I promised to make it for him one day.
This year, Pinterest is my inspiration. If you want to follow me on Pinterest click here. I have close to 7300 pins! If you want to see just my dessert board (577 pins), click here!
This is what I'm planning to attempt this year. The last 2 years, I've stuck with the pink/red theme, but I LOVE green more and since Vday is all about LOVE..... also Nick loves Mint!







That looks delicious! I'll be your valentine :)
ReplyDelete